- Always have your milk, eggs, butter at room temperature before baking… leave them out for at least an hour or so. It really does make a difference!
- I keep my flours and sugars in large, wide-mouthed jars to prevent the above photograph
- If you are making the cookies a different size than mentioned in the recipe, you will need to adjust the baking time and possibly even the baking temp
- BE PATIENT… things that are rushed really do not taste as good I promise
- Here’s a good page for ingredient substitutions when baking
- Here’s a good page for measurement and weight conversions
- Try cooling your cookies on paper bags rather than racks to keep them soft and chewy
- Start with a clean workspace and clean up as you go when possible… it really makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable when you have a manageable amount of clean up when you’re done!
This page has the following sub pages.