If a girl sneaks a Caramello bar and 4 Reeses cups into her regular cookie dough and no body is there to see it… do those calories really exist? I’m going to go with my philosophical side on this one and say no. They do not.
I don’t know what came over me when I was making these cookies, I think I temporarily blacked out and just started grabbing anything in my path and throwing it into the mixing bowl in a whirlwind of obesity. And please don’t ask me why I had a Caramello bar just lying around my apartment (when was the last time you had one of those?! I bet it was around the time when they had those commercials with the catchy jingle where everything stretches apart as if it were…. caramel). Anyway, given the state I was in when I made these delicious little devils, I had dubbed them “Fat-Girl Cookies.” For the purpose of this blog I’m making that Fat with a PH…. for “PHilosophical.” What’s great about them is you can choose ANY candy bars you want! Go ahead and stretch your sweet imagination – if you remember the Caramello jingle, you got that… and hopefully it brought you back to a simpler time – So get bakin’!
PHAT GIRL COOKIES
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 candy bars of your choosing (I used 1 Caramello and 4 Reeses)
1 cup chocolate chips
dash of salt
1. Cream the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for 3 more minutes.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together all dry ingredients and add them into the butter mixture about a cup at a time until it is fully incorporated.
4. Chop up your candy bars and add those along with the chocolate chips to your mixture until distributed pretty evenly.
5. Form into round balls, about the size of a golf ball (these cookies are better big, trust me) and arrange a couple of inches apart on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees (preheat your oven!) for about 8 or 9 minutes until you start to see the top of the cookies start to crack. At this point take them out and let them finish baking on the baking sheet for about 5 more minutes.
7. Consume in private.