I have “stir-fry” in quotations because this isn’t really your conventional stir-fry… When I think of a stir-fry, I think of a wok-cooked mix of vegetables, meat, and rice or noodles. THIS, is not that. This is more like an attempt at a healthy meal cooked in a saute pan, that you could hire a monkey to cook for you in under 20 minutes. – Eat your heart out Rachael Ray… You think 30 minute meals are amazing? How about you feast your eyes on this 20 MINUTE MEAL? – Damnit I’m good. I should get in touch with The Food Network and pitch them an idea for a show called “20 Minute Meal/5 Minute Feast/5 Minute Nap” … I think they’d go for it.
You can use any veggies you want for this recipe but I went with some red, yellow, and green peppers, corn, shredded carrots, and cherry tomatoes and it came out great.
LEMONY TARRAGON “STIR-FRY”
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup yellow corn
1/2 cup shredded carrots
handful cherry tomatoes
2 breasts of chicken, cubed
4-5 sprigs fresh tarragon
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
salt/pepper to taste
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
2. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan
3. Add chicken, garlic, tarragon and juice from half of the lemon. Cook for about 4-5 (move the cubes of chicken around as little as possible in the initial stage of cooking)
4. Add veggies and the juice from the other half of the lemon and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes
5. Remove from heat and incorporate cream cheese
6. Serve warm!